Monday, February 27, 2012
After months of hearing about Pinterest I've finally joined. After loving it I decided Premiere Couture needs to pin too! We've focused on pinning our favorite dresses, but we also have cute hairstyles, videos, decor ideas and more. Check us out! But be careful, all this pinning is addictive.
Watching this year's Academy Awards was, dare I say it, a bit boring. There was no "WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!" moment or even a silly mismatched shoe incident ala Helena Bonham Carter. Just lovely dresses in classic colors. A little ho hum for my tastes as this Hollywood where an awful choice gets you press for weeks. We still talk about Jennifer Lopez's dress which was held in place by Fashion Tape. All that being said here is Premiere Couture's take on the Best of the 2012 Academy Awards....drum roll please!
1. Natalie Portman - Everyone knows I love polka dots. They are fun and flirty. On my grandmother's wedding day, 82 years ago she wore a red dress with black polka dots. I even have a swatch of the material to remind me of her. Natalie's dress was easy, young and I loved it!
2. Judy Greer - I don't think fashion comes as easily to comedians (note, Tina Fey) so I was shocked to see her hit a home run. She has never looked better.
3. Milla Jovovich - There was LOTS of white last night, but her's was the best.
4. Penelope Cruz - Off the shoulder with yards of fabric, very Audrey Hepburn.
5. Glenn Close - You have got to hand it to her. She's 64 and looks absolutely amazing. I loved the pairing of a tuxedo coat with her strapless gown. CHIC!
1. Kermet The Frog
2. George Clooney
3. Christian Bale
4. Nat Faxon
5. Asghar Farhadi
1. Kelly Osbourne
2. Milla Jovovich
3. Kristin Wiig
4. Octavia Spencer
1. Busy Phillips - Love the pink shoes!
2. Michelle Williams
3. Natalie Portman
4. Penelope Cruz